Friday, July 31, 2015

One from Every Country #3: Argentina

Been a while since I've posted...computer problems and working on other things have kept me away from this blog, my scale modeling blog, and drastically cut down on my main focus, trading card blog.

I've been meaning to post again for some time and I'm finally doing it, and what better way than to get back to my One from Every Country collection?

The third entry, alphabetically, is Argentina, and it is the first country I have more than one coin from. It is also the first country from either of the Americas.

The coin selected is a 1950 20 centavos. I don't remember when I got it, but it either came from the pound of coins I get once a year or so, or I fished it out of my local dealer's 10 for a dollar bin. It doesn't really matter where I got it, what matters is what it is.

The reverse of the coin is not really greenish...it's just a poor scan. It's typical brass color in real life.


This coin is actually in really good shape, which is somewhat of a rarity in my collection. I tend to favor the circulated items. 

Argentina has issued one of the coins that is high on my want list. They issued a coin in honor of Eva Peron - Evita - right around the turn of this century. I'm not going to cry if I don't get it, but, I still want it. Sorry, that was a bad pun!

If anyone ever actually reads this, I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. Your Evita comment made me laugh out loud! Very good! :)

    ReplyDelete